Friday, May 2, 2008

Cream Potatoes and Peas

Creamed Potatoes and Peas
Serves: 8
2 pounds small, red potatoes
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups half and half
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup frozen peas
Peel and cube the potatoes. Cook potatoes in small amount of water until tender. Drain. In another saucepan, melt butter; add flour. Cook on medium heat for 2 minutes. Stirring constantly, slowly add milk and cream. Cook until thickened. Add seasoning, potatoes and peas.

*Note - I didn't peel the potatoes because I like the flavor of the peels. My mother used to make these every summer with new potatoes freshly dug out of the ground and fresh peas, so this recipe is not new to me. I saw it in my Making Memories Dairy Keen cookbook and decided to fix them for dinner. They were delicious but not quite as good as Mom's. This recipe was from a friend of the Dairy Keen owner's.

No comments: